The very phrase ‘women’s motorcycle jacket’ may conjure up visions of tough looking women on huge motorcycles looking for a fight. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Today, the sight of a woman on a motorcycle is not a big deal. Now, if you are going to ride a motorcycle, you might as well wear a stylish looking women’s motorcycle jacket.
Since motorcycle jackets, particularly leather jackets, are always associated with the macho male specimen of our species, some may feel that while motorcycle and women may mix, motorcycle jackets and women certainly do not mix.
However, you can find a whole range of jackets that are available for women motorcycle riders, as all the jackets are not focused on the tough female. For example, we can find many jackets that enhance the feminine appeal of the woman on the motorcycle.
The points to be considered when purchasing a motorcycle jacket for women are not very different as compared to purchasing a jacket for a male motorcycle rider. COnsdier these points:
1) The basic purpose for which the jacket is designed remains the same. However, there are some fine differences, which result from the inherent differences between men and women.
2) Generally, women are more compactly built as compared to men. Hence, one must pay special attention to the comfort levels while buying a jacket for women like a snug fit.
3) Further, the concept of style for men is different as compared to the concept of style for women. On the whole, women prefer to make a subtle and understated style statement when it comes to motorcycle jackets.
4) On the other hand, men prefer to make a loud, aggressive and macho statement about their style quotient.
This is most evident from the fact that there is a lot of differences in colors, patterns etc between men’s jackets and women’s jackets. You would very rarely find a red or a bottle green motorcycle jacket for men while such colors are very commonly found in the jackets for women.
5) Further, men prefer jackets with a lot of metal even though it unnecessarily enhances the weight of the jacket. On the other hand, very few women opt to make such a loud style statements through their jackets.
6) On the whole, one can find a variety of jackets available for women. Some are sporty, some are stylish and some are adorned with frills, while some give an overall cowboy or rather cowgirl look.
Of course, exceptions do exist. And some men prefer to be subtle and some women prefer to be loud and over the top.
However, generally, the choice of men and women in respect of style of the jackets differs and this must be kept in mind when you are buying the apparel.
As far as the safety aspect is concerned, there is very little difference between motorcycle jackets for the two sexes. It can hardly be said that women ride any slower than men. Speeding and reckless driving is a universal phenomenon.
I would be remiss if I didn’t take the time to thank you, my faithful readers for visiting our site and reading Women’s Motorcycle Jackets Vs Men’s Motorcycle Jackets . I truly appreciate you!