A Cannondale bike is considered the ultimate for all types of bike riders from occasional riders to highly experienced racers. Top efficiency, up-to-date design, and innovation are chief requirements with foremost bicycle producers and Cannondale leads the universal market with great performance bicycles. Cannondale was chartered in 1971, by Joe Montgomery, Jim Catrambone and Ron Davis, to produce backpacks and bags for camping and subsequently bicycle trailers for bicycle outings. The name of the business originated from the Cannondale Metro North train station in Wilton, Connecticut. In the late 1990’s, Cannondale began producing motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and bicycles.
The motorcycle department lost cash thus having a sell off of that branch. In 1983, Cannondale turned to the production of aluminum competition and touring frames. The mountain bike frames were added next. The cycle branch became profitable and was acquired in 2003 by Pegasus Capital Advisors, which supported the company’s reborn bicycle production. In February 2008, Cannondale was acquired from Pegasus Capital Advisors by Dorel Industries. At this time, Cannondale manufactured assorted types of high-end bicycles, specializing in aluminum (rather than steel or titanium) and carbon fiber frames, a technology which they originated.
The Cannondale bike scientific know-how grew with the enterprise. The initial road frame originating at Cannondale was produced in 1983. It sold for $350 and combined the frame and fork. The frame was at once widely recognized for the bigger down tube and larger head tube. Cannondale became the first high producer of manufactured aluminum frames, in an era when just steel frames were mass manufactured and aluminum was hand-made in low volumes.
The company later marketed frames with the CAAD (Cannondale Advanced Aluminum Design) identification. The CAAD4 model provided the S-bend aluminum seat stays for enhanced comfort. By modifying the seat stay and chain stay into a more “hour glass” shape (rather than the conventional round tube), Cannondale has been able to structurally tie in flex points to help cancel road vibrations while preserving frame stiffness in areas that require it.
Cannondale routinely provide bike items that are always subjected to a lot of dissecting and rebuilding. The company’s principal goal is to maintain excellence and transcend purchaser requirements. The upshot is bike items which agreeably cater to complete execution and pleasure.
Picking a Cannondale bicycle can be a time exhausting process as there are a multitude of levels and choices of bikes and accessories that are available. Below are a few questions to consider while making your choice of a Cannondale Bike:
1. Cost: What can you afford? Cannondale bikes come in a large variety of prices so you will be able to find the right one that you can afford.
2. Bike types: Consider how and where you are going to ride your bike. Will it be long distances, locally for fun, racing or sprinting, on the road or off-road? Cannondale bikes will meet your need.
3. Hard tail or full suspension: Because they have less weight, the hard tail bikes will pedal will pedal more easily. While you will find a higher level of comfort in the Full suspension models.
4. Full suspension or hard tail: Hard tail is lighter and pedals more efficiently. Full suspension offers more comfort.
5. Additional items: There are lots to choose from so select the most important ones that you can afford and get the nice to have ones at a later time.
6. Bike shop: Select one that is convenient, has the right pricing and has a good reputation for service.
7. Discounts: Off season s are a great time to find bikes at a discount. Most stores will negotiate their price during the off seasons.
The superiority of a Cannondale bike is evidenced in the company’s passion to be the world’s best bicycle company. Cannondale strives to manufacture high-quality products that are produced with state of the art technology that preserves the degree of excellence they have earned in the industry.
I would be remiss if I didn’t take the time to thank you, my faithful readers for visiting our site and reading Facts About the Cannondale Bike . I truly appreciate you!